|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
Many DC restaurants have attempted to mix and match cuisines with varying degrees of failure. Here are some of the city’s most recent and biggest dining flops:
- Stoner’s Delight: a 24-hour buffet that offered combos like peanut-butter-covered fried chicken, marshmallow-fluff-dipped Charleston Chews, and Mexican tortilla chips with German potato salad.
- Entree or Dessert?: an ice-cream shop known for making children cry with unique homemade concoctions like potato-and-leeks sorbet and five-calorie-per-serving tuna-tartare frozen yogurt.
- Sausages and Soy Milk: The name said it all. Dishes included Italian sausage hunks floating in cold soy milk, chorizo topped with coagulated soy-milk spread, and the disturbing pork smoothie.
Despite the overwhelming lack of success of most combo-cuisine restaurants, one has succeeded in mixing tastes and culinary styles: Uptown Cathay. If you’re a fan of Thai, Chinese, or sushi, keep reading about today’s awesome deal.
With today’s Groupon, you get $35 worth of food and drink at Uptown Cathay for only $15. With Thai, Chinese, and sushi offerings, Uptown Cathay serves as your Sherpa for a culinary tour of Eastern Asia. It’s the perfect menu for people who dine by general geographic region. For Thai, the chicken cashew and the vegetarian green curry are tasty dishes. For Chinese, try the succulent Peking duck, which comes with four pancakes and no maple syrup. In the mood for sushi? Order any one of the delicious and affordable maki rolls. You can’t go wrong.
The people of MenuPages give Uptown Cathay high marks across the board. This is what they’ve committed to e-paper:
- “The food is good. The prices are good. Eat-in is comfortable in a very casual way and delivery is reliable and quick.” – Neighbor
- “I love sushi and have been coming to this restaurant for the last 5 years. The all you can eat made to order sushi is amazing and affordable. I camp out for hours and try all the different types.” – Daniel
- “In NW DC, there is not a better chinese restaurant to dine in or carry out. The service is excellent and quick.” – Anonymous
5018 Connecticut Ave Nw
Washington, District of Columbia 20008Get Directions