Americans have always been determined to blaze new trails, whether wading through the waist-deep layer of tumbleweed covering Arizona or hacking through the petrified forest of national flags on the moon. Conquer the final frontier, the ocean, with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $32 for a two-hour group surf lesson (a $69 value), expires July 1, 2012
- $32 for a two-hour group surf lesson (a $69 value), expires August 1, 2012
- $32 for a two-hour group surf lesson (a $69 value), expires September 1, 2012
- $75 for a full-day surf camp (a $159 value), expires August 1, 2012
- $75 for a full-day surf camp (a $159 value), expires September 1, 2012
During lessons and camps, CPR-certified instructors teach the fundamentals and techniques required to ride a soft-top surfboard. Aside from shredding across waves, students learn surfer's etiquette, terminology, and dolphin diplomacy. Lessons and camps include surfboard rental.
VB Surf Sessions
All year long the crashing sounds of waves beckon VB Surf Sessions' staff to the water, where they teach students to paddle and shred across the ocean. The CPR-certified instructors maintain a ratio of one teacher to every four students during their surf lessons, allowing them to steady the wobbly legs of pupils as they conquer Virginia Beach, where kayakers can see dolphins propelling through the ocean water. For less intense excursions, groups dip their paddles into the wave-free waters of nearby inlets and human-sized fishbowls during standup-paddleboard lessons and tours. Kayak lessons are also offered to learn the proper mechanics and techniques for paddling. Or explore Rudee Inlet on a tandem kayak tour.