Wine-tasting technique demands that you first swirl the glass, then take a sip, and then very slowly dribble wine down your chin so that the rest of your body can taste it. Imbibe elegance with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$26 for a wine-tasting package for two (a $52 total value)
- Wine tasting for two (a $10 value per person)
- Two souvenir wineglasses (a $3.50 value each)
- $25 toward the purchase of one bottle of wine, such as syrahs ($18–$29), cabernet sauvignons ($20–$35), and pinot noirs ($25)
$49 for a wine-tasting package for four (a $104 total value)
- Wine tasting for four (a $10 value per person)
- Four souvenir wineglasses (a $3.50 value each)
- $50 toward the purchase of two bottles of wine
Core Wine Company
For all its contributions to the wine industry, it's hard to believe that Core Wine Company is just a two-person operation. One half of that operation is David Corey, whose first position in the industry was as a pest-control advisor. He eventually moved from protecting the grapes to producing them himself, and in 2001, he founded Core alongside his wife, wine-pairing expert Becky.
Together, the Coreys have concocted several different labels, including Core, Kuyam, and Turchi. Each of those labels features a different background story, and each bears Becky's original artwork and loving fingerprints on its labels. The Coreys share their creations at their Old Town Orcutt shop, where they frequently host events, such as educational tastings of an extraordinarily wide range of wines on the second Wednesday of every month.