Top Reasons to Visit Cartwright Hotel
- The hotel is located a block from San Francisco’s Union Square, just off the Powell Street BART Station. This area is known for its high-end shopping, upscale restaurants, and nearby Chinatown.
- Comfortable traditional queen rooms have feather comforters and flat-screen LCD TVs.
- Spacious junior suites come with separate living areas, extralarge marble-tiled bathrooms, and two flat-screen LCD TVs.
- Relax next to the lobby fireplace, or catch up on a book on plush fireside couches.
- At Union Square, you can hitch a ride on one of the city’s famous cable cars en route to Fisherman’s Wharf.
Union Square: Shopping and Dining near Charming San Francisco Neighborhoods
Union Army supporters once used San Francisco’s Union Square as a rallying point during the American Civil War. The public plaza is centrally located, making it a good meeting point for people from all over the city. Perhaps that’s why today the square is surrounded by some of San Francisco’s best shopping, theater, and restaurants; in fact, the one-block plaza boasts one of the densest collections of department stores, boutiques, and galleries in the country.
Neighboring Union Square to the northwest is Nob Hill. One of the original seven hills on which the city was built, Nob Hill is a fashionable, upscale neighborhood, once referred to as a “hill of palaces” because of its many estates. Huntington Park is the centerpiece for the bustling district, and it’s bordered by Grace Cathedral, a beautiful Gothic-style building with colorful mosaics and a replica of the medieval labyrinth in France’s Cathedral of Chartres.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“It was great! Comfy beds, clean showers, great service”
“Lovely room at the back was quiet even on the night of the Chinese New Year parade. ”
“Good location. Walking distance to theater. Parking is close by. Charming, old fashion, clean rooms.”
524 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102