Hotel at a Glance: New York's Hotel Pennsylvania
New York's Hotel Pennsylvania has hosted millions of guests since it was built in 1919. Situated in the heart of midtown Manhattan, it's across the street from Madison Square Garden, and walking distance from Times Square, Macy's, all major subway lines at Penn Station, and the Empire State Building, making it a centralized hub for visitors to the Big Apple.
- Grab a bite at one of the onsite restaurants. Head to The Statler Grill for steak and seafood or unwind with a slice of cheesecake at Lindy's Restaurant.
- Squeeze in a workout at the onsite fitness center.
- Pet-friendly digs: The hotel has several pet-friendly rooms available.
- Shop till you drop at the Macy's flagship store, which is around the corner from the hotel.
- See the city via the nearby Penn Station.
Times Square, Manhattan: Flashy Neon Lights and World-Class Culture
Times Square is located at the intersection of Broadway and Seventh Avenue in Midtown Manhattan. The famous address—affectionately known as “the Crossroads of the World”—is home to hypnotizing billboards, giant wraparound news tickers, and the neon lights of Broadway. Beyond the glitz and gimmicks, there are a number of world-class cultural offerings in the area, including museums, Michelin-rated restaurants, Madison Square Garden, and the Empire State Building. Buildings of historical and architectural interest include the Paramount Building and One Times Square—site of the annual New Year's Eve ball drop.
Nearby, The Museum of Modern Art houses a trove of masterpieces including Vincent van Gogh's The Starry Night, Claude Monet's Water Lilies, and Andy Warhol's Campbell's Soup Cans. Save time for a stroll through the museum's outdoor sculpture garden, where dazzling installations are clustered around sparkling reflecting pools. About a mile north of Times Square, the David H. Koch Theater is home to one of the world’s foremost dance companies—the New York City Ballet, which stages contemporary works as well as classics such as Swan Lake and The Nutcracker.