Hotel at a Glance: Inn on Woodlake
Holed away in picturesque Kohler, Wisconsin, just outside of Sheboygan, the Inn on Woodlake is a comprehensive luxury retreat known equally well for its golf and its spa services. This Groupon lets you choose your preference with a choice of either two 50-minute massages at Kohler Waters Spa or two rounds of golf.
The rounds of golf can be redeemed at the Blackwolf Run Meadow Valleys course, which skirts meadows and ravines to form a microcosm of Wisconsin’s pastoral topography.
- A room with a view: Lakeside rooms feature sweeping views of scenic Wood Lake.
- Nifty in-room amenities: Prairie and lakeside rooms feature top-of-the-line WaterTile body sprays and showerheads.
- Tee off: Kohler’s four championship golf courses are continually ranked among the best in the United States.
- Pamper yourself: Among other facilities, the nearby Forbes five-star-rated Kohler Waters Spa has a whirlpool, fireplace, and lounge located on a rooftop deck enclosed in glass.
- Dining Options: Nine restaurants provide a huge range of options, from Italian cuisine and world-class wines to casual pub fare and craft beers.
- Go swimming: Two swimming pools at Sports Core Health Club are designated for families and competitive swimming.
Kohler, Wisconsin: Small Village near Lakeside Sheboygan
The village of Kohler has had a big effect on the world relative to its small size: it’s the location and namesake of the Kohler Company, which makes luxury bath products and introduced the world to the Bubbler, a precursor of the modern drinking fountain. The Kohler Company also owns The American Club golf resort, of which the Inn on Woodlake is a part.
Just 5 miles to the east lies Sheboygan, one of Wisconsin’s premier harbor towns on Lake Michigan. During the spring and summer months, fishing boats cruise the lake in search of rainbow trout and king salmon. Sheboygan is a popular surfing destination, as well. The coastline juts into Lake Michigan, exposing it to strong winds that create swells up to 24 feet high. The largest gathering of freshwater surfers in the world, the Dairyland Surf Classic, takes place here every year.
In the spring, boat tours through Broughton Sheboygan Marsh Park give visitors glimpses of nesting waterfowl nurturing their soon-to-hatch eggs. A few miles inland, Maywood Environmental Park boasts six diverse ecosystems and 135 acres of hiking and mountain-biking trails.
Sheboygan is also home to a unique arts scene. The John Michael Kohler Arts Center showcases contemporary American art exhibits and sculptures, though it’s probably best known for its artist-created bathrooms, which are ornamented with floor-to-ceiling murals, hand-glazed china lavatories, and other whimsical touches. You can see mythical statues at the nearby James Tellen Woodland Sculpture Garden, including the 65-foot-long Fallen Log masterpiece. And no trip to Sheboygan is complete without trying a double sausage on a hard roll. The town is, after all, the "brat capital of the world.”
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.