Top Reasons to Stay at Tempe Mission Palms
- Located in downtown Tempe near Mill Avenue, this luxurious Mission-style hotel is within walking distance of the city’s shops, restaurants, and theaters. Frommer’s calls it "the perfect choice for a fun-filled weekend in Tempe.”
- Following an $8 million renovation, all guest rooms have a desert-inspired color scheme and a 37-inch flat-screen HDTV.
- At the hotel’s rooftop complex, you can relax amid towering palm trees, take a dip in the heated outdoor swimming pool or jacuzzi, or play on the full-size tennis court.
- Harry’s, the hotel’s indoor-outdoor lounge, offers daily happy-hour specials, comfort-food small plates, and festive dinner options such as coconut-crusted halibut.
- Mission Grill, the hotel’s breakfast and lunch restaurant, serves spicy southwest specialties such as huevos rancheros and chicken enchiladas.
- The hotel is about 8 miles from Scottsdale and Phoenix, home to renowned museums, top-rated golf courses, and multilevel nightclubs.
- A complimentary airport shuttle service runs from 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Pick-up may be arranged by calling the hotel.
Tempe, Arizona: University Town near Downtown Phoenix
If you hear Tempe natives referring to a mountain, there's no need to ask which one. It's the local nickname for Tempe Butte, a steep hill with a 60-foot-tall letter A built on its south face to represent Arizona State University. The butte rises just north of the school's Tempe campus, which is home to a student body of nearly 60,000. Along the northwestern edge of campus in the Mill Avenue District, you’ll likely encounter a few ASU Sun Devils, as the area is popular with students for its brewpubs, shops, and coffeehouses.
Located only a 20-minute drive away, Phoenix delivers a dose of culture with several acclaimed museums. At the Children's Museum of Phoenix, kids can build forts, measure vegetables in a pint-size market, and help paint an 11-foot-tall rocket ship. The Phoenix Art Museum includes a collection of Thorne Rooms—miniature dioramas of ornate interiors kept tidy by a fleet of tiny roombas.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
92% of 25 customers recommend
“Great staff. Pool bar is fun but under staffed when busy. ”
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel
60 E 5th St
Tempe, AZ 85281