Top Reasons to Stay at The Garden City Hotel
- Located in central Long Island, this four-star, Victorian-style hotel was built in 1874 as a luxury resort.
- Guests are in good company—members of the Vanderbilt, Astor, Kennedy, and Clinton families have all stayed here.
- Visit the onsite restaurant, Rein, for upscale American cuisine, such as pan-fried rainbow trout and five spice duck breast, crafted by executive chef Michael Mandato.
- The hotel has a renowned Sunday brunch that includes made-to-order omelets, waffles, a meat carving station, fresh fruits, pastries, and bottomless mimosas, bloody marys, and coffee or tea.
- On Saturday afternoons, guests congregate in one of the ballrooms for tea, sandwiches, and pastries.
- Enjoy live music on the weekends, courtesy of pianist Ray Cohen and singer Tara O’Grady.
- Elegant deluxe king and deluxe double guest rooms come with bathrobes, nightly turndown service with gourmet chocolates, and a flat-screen TV.
Garden City, Long Island: Quiet Community East of Manhattan
Founded by Irish entrepreneur Alexander Turney Stewart in 1869, Garden City is a residential community located less than 25 miles east of New York City. After its construction in the early 1870s, the Garden City Hotel was regarded as the town’s centerpiece. It was destroyed by fire in 1899 and then torn down in the 1970s, but the rebuilt luxury resort still attracts vacationers from all over the world.
The nearby Long Island Rail Road offers a convenient way into the city. Fire Island is also nearby. Cars aren’t allowed here, so leave your wheels behind in the town of Sayville and hop on a ferry to explore the island’s charming seaside hamlets and picturesque lighthouse. Climb the 192 winding steps to the top for a panoramic view, then head back down to check out the museum housed in the old keeper’s quarters.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
The Garden City Hotel
45 7th St
Garden City, NY 11530