Wyndham near River Walk in Downtown San Antonio
The St. Anthony Riverwalk Wyndham Hotel - San Antonio, TX
Palatial Grandeur in Downtown San Antonio
In 1909, a trio of Texas cattlemen broke ground on a project that would transform a pasture into palatial accommodations frequented by movie stars and royalty over the next century. Ascending the regal red staircase of The St. Anthony Riverwalk Wyndham Hotel, guests follow in the footsteps of legendary visitors such as Princess Grace of Monaco, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Judy Garland. Antique French Empire and Russian furnishings complement modern amenities at this National Historic Landmark, which seamlessly melds stately luxury with contemporary comfort.
Like a portal to the past, the doors of elegant king and queen rooms open to reveal handsome furnishings and old-fashioned wooden four-poster beds. In the Peacock Alley lounge, bartenders mix classic cocktails and serve light snacks.
In the morning, head down to the Madrid Room, the signature restaurant, where executive chef Mike Mata crafts seasonal new dishes. For breakfast entrees, enjoy banana pancakes and huevos rancheros. In addition to breakfast, the Madrid Room offers a menu of southwestern fare including tender salmon or herb-marinated chicken breakfast with bread pudding in bourbon sauce for dessert throughout the day to refuel guests before they hop on a trolley to San Antonio's hub or take in the colorful sights along the river walk.
San Antonio, Texas: Historic Missions near Picturesque River Walk
In the late 1920s, architect Robert H. H. Hugman designed an urban park around the San Antonio River—a space he envisioned as an American version of Venice, where people could shop and dine along the waterfront. Completed in 1941, the 2.5-mile river walk still serves as a vital artery in the heart of San Antonio as it wends its way past cafés, hotels, bars, and shops.
Located one story below street level, the waterway is flanked on either side by stone pathways, quiet waterfalls, and towering cypress trees. The winding river-walk path reveals little surprises along the way, such as picturesque restaurants, public art installations, and cardboard cutouts of Davy Crockett. A new extension connects the river walk to the four-story San Antonio Museum of Art, where you'll find more than 25,000 sculptures and paintings that range from Roman antiquities to contemporary art.
Also neighboring the river walk is the Alamo. Thanks to the 1836 battle that made it a symbol of Texas independence, the Alamo has become the most visited tourist site in the state. It's actually one of five historic Spanish missions clustered around the San Antonio River. The largest, Mission San José, lies just 5 miles south of downtown. Its famed rose window is once again on display following an extensive renovation.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a superior king or two-queen room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 16.75% tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- One restaurant and one bar onsite
- Fitness center
- Complimentary WiFi in rooms
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48hr cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 16.75% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Superior King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
Superior Two-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; guests 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: lot parking available for an additional $21 per day; valet available for an additional $26 per day
- Rollaways: available for an additional $15 per night; subject to availability
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets may be added for an additional $50 per stay per pet.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available at check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: about 10 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- By cab: about $30 from SAT
The Groupon Guide to: Easy-to-Make Balloon Animals
Summer is almost here, and that means some children are going to celebrate their birthdays. If you find yourself attending the birthday of a summer baby, impress him or her by making one of these simple balloon animals:
- Wet snake (standard snake dipped in water or maybe that liquid italian beef sits in)
- Dry snake (standard snake)
- Squashed rabbit (no air required)
- A dog, but tell the child that the dog's legs, head, and tail have fallen off just naturally