Top Reasons to Visit Villas by the Sea Resort
- The resort sits on a 17-acre plot overlooking the beach on Jekyll Island, one of Georgia’s four Golden Isles.
- Mini and studio villas feature sitting areas and kitchenettes. One-bedroom villas come with full kitchens, dining areas, and private patios or balconies.
- Pop into the onsite Driftwood Bistro for regional favorites such as fried okra, shrimp creole, and stuffed collard greens.
- Click Café offers complimentary WiFi; coffee and light bites are also available.
- Guests can swim in the L-shaped outdoor pool.
- You can take a stroll along the 400-foot oceanfront boardwalk or rent a bicycle to explore nature trails throughout the property.
- Included with this getaway are two tickets to board the Emerald Princess II, a 600-passenger cruise ship and casino.
Jekyll Island, Georgia: Kayaking, Golf, and Pristine Beaches
Situated 90 miles south of Savannah, Jekyll Island is one of Georgia’s famed Golden Isles, a quartet of barrier islands that hug the Atlantic coastline. Jekyll Island was once the exclusive winter playground of wealthy families including the Rockefellers, Morgans, and Pulitzers. You can catch a glimpse of their stately summer cottages by touring the Jekyll Island Club National Historic Landmark District.
Today, visitors flock to the island to kayak through salt marshes, embark on chartered fishing tours, or play rounds at the island’s four golf courses. The popular Driftwood Beach on the north shore is a prime spot for playing volleyball, watching birds, and collecting seashells.
The area’s tidal creeks attract a plethora of wildlife, including porpoises, fiddler crabs, and shorebirds such as egrets and herons. The island is also home to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, a hospital for ill and injured sea turtles. The public is welcome to tour the facility and learn about ongoing conservation efforts.
77% of 13 customers recommend
“Excellent trip and location. My condo wasn't on the beach side, which was fine for me. The kitchen made it convenient for me to cook and make meals on my own time....”
“Excellent trip and location. My condo wasn't on the beach side, which was fine for me. The kitchen made it convenient for me to cook and make meals on my own time. Dining at the restaurant on site was tasty and worth the price. I wish I'd known that I couldn't walk to the beach from the condos (due to the jettys) but other than that, it was a wonderful experience. Excellent staff-- very friendly and helpful. Renting the bike to travel on the island was an excellent use of time too!”
“The restaurant on site was amazing! The room was very spacious and well kept. ”
“It was relaxing and very nice”