In the '80s, movies were distributed on tape, music was played on the radio, and wedding proposals were always carved into trees. Flash back to an earlier age with this GrouponLive deal.
- $21 for two tickets to see 16 Candles (up to a $25 value) and two premium drinks (up to an $8 value each; up to a $41 total value)
- When: Friday, November 15, at 10 p.m
- Where: Joe's Bar on Weed St.
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 10 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
16 Candles – Official Promotional Video
- Where they got the name: from the John Hughes movie Sixteen Candles, in which Molly Ringwald falls for some hunky guy, some nerdy guy likes Molly Ringwald, and all of the music is good
- When they were established: 2003
- '80s acts they've opened for: Joan Jett, Rick Springfield, Eddie Money, Kenny Loggins, The Go-Go's
- Where you've seen them: on The Rosie O'Donnell Show and Windy City Live
- What to expect: a party-ready playlist loaded with every '80s jam you can imagine, all expertly played
At Joe's on Weed St., sports games and pennants fill the front space, and a stage in the rear hosts a bevy of live musical acts. Conveniently located near the North and Clybourn Red Line station, the acoustical walls of the full bar have vibrated with the sounds of such artists as O.A.R., Keith Urban, Run-DMC, and Rick Springfield.
What some people are buzzing about:
Joe's Bar on Weed St.
940 West Weed Street
Chicago, Illinois 60642