Nothing can match the thrill of seeing a concert in person, not even watching it on high-definition Blu-ray or listening to it on a high-definition parrot. Get out of your cage with this GrouponLive deal.
- $39 for one ticket to see Procol Harum plus Carl Palmer (up to $68.45 value)
- When: Thursday, July 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Sun Center
- Seating: rows H–AA
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Their sound: a baroque and symphonic menagerie enhanced by arcane lyrics, the warm hum of a Hammond organ, and the occasional screaming guitar solo
- Their name: Procol Harum was taken from a friend's cat, although some theorize it's Latin or a very sensual computer-programming language
- Their signature 1967 hit: "A White Shade of Pale"
- How good it is: Rolling Stone ranked it at #57 on its list of 500 Greatest Songs of All Time, and it was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1998
- Where you've heard it: in films such as The Big Chill and Oblivion
- Procol Harum MVPs appearing on tour: founding vocalist/pianist Gary Brooker and lyricist Keith Reid, the man responsible for poetry like "We skip the light fandango"
- Best reason to get there early: to feel the percussive majesty of Carl Palmer, known from his work with Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, and hailed as one of the 100 Greatest Drummers of All Time by Rolling Stone