Babasonicos at Concord Music Hall on July 10 at 8 p.m. (Up to 44% Off)
Viva - Aragon Entertainment
Over 20 bought
Limited quantity available
In a Nutshell
Innovative Argentine rockers make a rare stateside visit, delighting fans with lush, poppy melodies and decadent lyricism
- $15 for one ticket to see Babasónicos (up to $26.74 value)
- When: Thursday, July 10, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Concord Music Hall
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Where Babasónicos' name comes from: it's a mashup of Hindu guru Sai Baba and Los Supersónicos, the Spanish-language title for The Jetsons
- How they started: as part of Argentina's new rock scene in the early '90s
- Since then: they've become one of Latin America's most popular bands, regularly selling out stadiums in the Spanish-speaking world
- What they've been up to recently: releasing their 11th studio album, Romantisísmico; converting food into bodily energy
- Their sound: rock with an electro-pop beat, which sways from psychedelic to balladry
- What you'll hear: hits from more than two decades of musical experimentation, with influences as wide as Depeche Mode, Black Sabbath, and traditional Argentinean ballads
- If you can't understand the lyrics: rest assured, they're every bit as "cheeky [and] brutally honest" as the Washington Post asserted in 2012