Old masters rewarded observant art critics by hiding things in their paintings, such as discreet self-portraits and lewd caricatures of the queen. Follow in their footsteps with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $35 for a two-hour art workshop for one (up to a $75 value)
- $69 for a two-hour art workshop for two (up to a $150 value)
Each deal is valid for one of the following three classes, which are each available Saturdays and Sundays from 2:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m. during their scheduled month:
- Drawing Still Life with Charcoal, which runs during August and explores the basics of capturing light and shadow
- Outdoor Watercolor Painting, which runs during September and introduces color-layering techniques in the Jersey City Art School garden
- Digital Photography, which runs during October and is designed to teach DSLR users the basics of composition while touching on technical topics, such as white balance and using the in-camera light meter; students must bring their own cameras
Drawing Still Life and Outdoor Water Color Painting classes have a $15 fee for class materials, which is already included in the cost of the Groupon.
Jersey City Art School
Local artists congregate at Jersey City Art School—not just to teach, but to learn. Through four- and eight-week class sequences, as well as occasional one-time workshops, artists of all skill levels flesh out their portfolios, hone existing techniques, or try out entirely new disciplines. The sessions run the gamut of styles, from digital photography and pottery to painting with watercolors or a bunch of Capri Sun flavors.
326 5th Street
Jersey City, New Jersey 07302