What You Get
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Buy & Book” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you
An "Oddly Compelling" French Bistro
The driving force behind SoHo's La Sirène is transplanted Frenchman Didier Pawlicki, the restaurant's chef and owner. "He may well be the one to take your coat. . . to recommend the duck breast, to sear the duck breast, to serve the duck breast," wrote Frank Bruni for The New York Times. It's Pawlicki, too, who might sear your hanger steak, spoon truffle jus over your Frenched rack of lamb, or simmer white wine-saffron sauce for your linguini. Pawlicki's earnest passion for the food he serves has won his "oddly compelling" bistro a loyal following. "This scrappy restaurant. . . will charm many people turned off by the vacuous polish and higher prices elsewhere," Bruni wrote.
Dishes to Discover
- Chef Pawlicki's signature cassoulet is meant for those who appreciate hearty, robust cuisine. "Don't take it if you can't bear it," the menu playfully warns of its legendary richness. Duck confit, slab bacon, pork sausage, and creamy cannellini beans gain an extra depth of flavor when braised with noble duck fat, foie gras, and quail stock.
- Dark chocolate plays a starring role in the chef's magret de canard gras, but don't expect a sweet dish. Instead, lightly spiced cocoa lends a complimentary bite to seared Rohan duck breast sprinkled with crushed pistachios.
- La Sirène's profiteroles—puffed pastries served with ice cream and chocolate sauce—prove that dessert can benefit from a bit of complexity. Rich, bittersweet Callebaut chocolate sauce stands out against the sweetness of vanilla ice cream, creating a treat that's multidimensional rather than cloying.
“really good place”
“Excellent food. Expensive, but prepared beautifully. ”
“Filet Mignon is the best thing in my life. ”
558 Broome St.
New York, New York 10013