The traditional method for preparing sushi requires slices of raw fish to be held over unlit fires in order to secure that signature uncooked flavor. Taste the real meal with this Groupon.
What You Get
- $29 for $45 worth of sushi and Japanese cuisine
The dinner menu includes cooked teriyaki dishes and piping-hot ramen alongside sushi maki, nigiri, and hand rolls. Also check out the drinks list, which includes more than 25 sakes as well as beer and wine.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Buy & Book” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Live Sushi Bar
Live Sushi Bar, Live Sushi Bistro, and Live Sushi Mission blend tradition with innovation in the rice-wrapped fish arts at all three welcoming restaurants. All three distinct locations share lunch, dinner, and drink menus, as well as experienced staff and sushi chefs who demonstrate their skills at a sushi bar outfitted with seats for dining spectators.
A Sampling of Sushi
- Bergschneider Roll: barbecued eel and creamy avocado topped with salmon
- Live Uni Hand Roll: sea urchin, shiso, and salmon roe with a quail egg
- Live Scallop: served raw on a pillow of rice or tempura-fried with onions
Some Not-Sushi Options
- Nabeyaki Ramen: savory broth brimming with tender noodles, shrimp tempura, grilled chicken, squid, and egg
- Short Rib Teriyaki: grilled, marinated bone-in beef
- Ankimo: steamed monkfish liver with an aromatic combination of ginger, onion, and tangy ponzu sauce
- More than 25 sakes, including everything from delicate daiginjo to accessible nigori
- Themed flights of three complementary sakes also offered
- Three Japanese beers—Sapporo, Asahi Dry, and Kirin—wash down big meals
Tips from Groupon Customers
“I hadn't eaten at Live Sushi for over a year. I didn't remember it being very good, but I purchased the deal since my son loves sushi. I was surprised how good every...”
“I hadn't eaten at Live Sushi for over a year. I didn't remember it being very good, but I purchased the deal since my son loves sushi. I was surprised how good every dish was, and we actually ended up purchasing more rolls and an entree to go!”
“Longer happy hour ”
2001 17th St.
San Francisco, California 94103