Knowing how to sew can come in handy in numerous scenarios, such as patching up a favorite pair of jeans or concealing a flask inside a teddy bear. Nurture your sutures with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $24 for a beginner's sewing-basics class for one (a $49 value)
- $45 for a beginner's sewing-basics class for two (a $98 value)
- $29 for a screen-printing class for one (a $60 value)
- $55 for a screen-printing class for two (a $120 value)
- $307 for a six-week Project Make course in sewing and design (a $615 value)
- $25 for any class (up to a $50 value)
The 2- to 2.5-hour beginner's sewing-basics class illuminates essential terms and techniques, including basic stitches, sewing-machine etiquette, and straight versus curved lines. Students take home a project of their own creation at the end of the class. During the two-hour screen-printing class, students learn to print on shirts, paper, and fabrics using simple and eco-friendly ink-transfer methods.
Project Make is a six-week intensive course on all aspects of sewing and design. Held from 2 p.m.–6 p.m. on Sundays, classes begin with instruction in new skills and techniques that build upon the tasks of the previous weeks. Students are then given a new challenge—Road Rules-style—to complete before the next class. Students can use the remainder of the class time to get a jump-start on the project in the presence of a sewing mentor. Sewing basics is a prerequisite.
Materials and supplies for all classes are included.