Like a locked steamer trunk in an attic, barbecue recipes are better when they contain a closely guarded family secret. Finally taste the truth with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $22 for the Memphis Sampler barbecue meal for two (a $44.35 total value)
- $44 for the Memphis Sampler barbecue meal for four (an $88.70 total value)
- $66 for the Memphis Sampler barbecue meal for six (a $133.05 total value)
The Memphis Sampler includes the following per two people:
- Half slab of ribs (an $8.49 value)
- Two pieces of barbecued chicken (a $6 value)
- Quarter pound of hickory-smoked brisket (a $3.50 value)
- Quarter pound of hickory-smoked pulled pork (a $3.50 value)
- All-beef sausage (a $4 value)
- Andouille sausage (a $4 value)
- Three sides (a $9.87 value)
- Corn bread (a $1 value)
- House salad (a $3.99 value)
The wood-paneled walls at SmoQ are full of vintage photos of renowned southern barbecue chefs, but that’s only one way the restaurant pays homage to the southern barbecue tradition. The other way is the smell, created by the molasses-brined chicken, hand-rubbed ribs, and spiced sausage basking in the wood smoker for up to 14 hours. The process infuses both succulent slabs of meat and the dining room with a sweet, smoky aroma.
SmoQ’s slow-cooked ribs earned praise from Cincinnati.com and were called “Best In Show quality” by Cincinnati Magazine, which also deemed the chicken wings “quite possibly the best in the city.” In addition to the meats, the chefs also send southern staples such as corn succotash to the smoker. At the end of the meal, SmoQ finishes in southern style with bread pudding crafted from Maker’s Mark sauce and glazed donuts.
The food was great! Best BBQ place on the North Side of town. I would highly recommend Smoq to anyone in the area.Matthew T., Yelp, 12/18/11
Enjoyed the Beef Brisket and side dishes. Was even a nice atmosphere for my young kids.Connie R., Yelp, 3/21/12
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Great food, friendly servers and great atomsphere”
“The ribs are fantastic, to be honest better than the montgomery inn and more bang for your buck even at full price”
“Good service, solid food, meat was ok.”
275 Pictoria Dr.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45246