Trained chefs can use their cooking expertise when dining to deduce how a sauce was made or how many times a pizza pie was spun around the baker's finger. Sharpen your culinary skills with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $29 for one holiday cooking class (a $65 value)
- $56 for two holiday cooking classes (a $130 value)
- $75 for a series of three holiday cooking classes (a $195 value)
The classes include the following:
- Holiday Party Starters, which explores the creation of appetizers such as baked brie with almonds and pancetta crisps with goat cheese, as well as soups such as pumpkin and butternut squash.
- Main Courses, which pairs the knowledge of preparing a turkey, duck, ham, or roast beef with recipes for side dishes such as cranberry apple crisp.
- Post-Dinner Treats, wherein participants learn to craft pies, gingerbread houses, and JDR chocolate truffles.
Founding chef Jake Rothschild—creator of Jake's Ice Cream—and chef Sandy Houdeshell lead sessions that reveal both chefs' family’s holiday recipes, crafting a decadent meal from beginning to end. See the schedule for class times.
The Cooking School at Irwin Street
The resident chefs at The Cooking School at Irwin Street model their teaching style after that of the quirky, patient Julia Child as they walk kitchen cadets through the basics of food transmogrification with a collection of helpful and laughter-filled classes held in two distinctive locations. Tucked away in the historic Old Fourth Ward, the indoor kitchen lets students loose on modern appliances amid appetite-kindling hues of pumpkin and avocado. The newly unveiled farm kitchen, meanwhile, incorporates vine-fresh produce and just-picked herbs from the surrounding soil in recipes prepared under the open sky. In both of these settings, the instructors pare cooking down to the essentials—an open mind, an eager palate, and a sharp, non-argumentative knife. Classes cater to a number of dietary restrictions, from creative vegan options and gluten-free baking lessons to smoked-meat sessions for inveterate salamivores. Most classes are BYOB, and some sessions are open to parent-child combos.
the commaraderie of cooking together soon had us all talking and laughing.Kate O., Yelp, 10/4/12
it was fun, informative and the food was delicious.Haley S., Yelp, 7/23/12
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Great instructor, great atmosphere, highly recommend!!!!”
“Class size was perfect, and the food was DELICIOUS!”
“I had a great time! ”
Old Fourth Ward
660 Irwin St. NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30312