Going out to eat allows you to enjoy fine dining without having to procure exotic ingredients or build a sommelier out of an old computer. Lap up luxury with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for $30 worth of bistro cuisine at lunch, plus one dessert (a $37 total value)
- $50 for $100 worth of bistro cuisine at dinner<p>
The menu includes traditional French dishes such as herb-crusted racks of lamb ($28) as well as mussels ($18) and grilled sirloin steak ($25) with West African spices.<p>
Not long after arriving in America 17 years ago, cousins A. Cisse and Chekh Cisse began honing their craft in the kitchens of renowned chefs such as Daniel Boulud and Jean-Georges Vongerichten. At their eatery, Ponty Bistro, the cousins merge their native Senegalese and west African culinary traditions with modern French and Mediterranean techniques, creating a menu that's both comforting and surprising.
Bistro Dishes with Senegalese Spins
- Niokolo-Koba: The steak in this Senegalese version of steak frites is sprinkled with safsafa, a peppery seasoning.
- L'onglet à l'échalote: This grilled hanger steak sits atop a mound of mashed yucca.
- Poisson braise a le guet ndar: Sweet plantains accompany a whole grilled branzino.
- Kasbah lamb shank with merguez: African spices enhance this traditional thin sausage.
Hidden Gem! Both quality and quantity are stunning!Kaiting Z., Yelp, 4/26/13
The food was just out of this world... it had the feeling of good home cooking with just the right portions.Stephanie K., Yelp, 4/14/13
87% of 181 customers
“great having the chef come out and talk about his dishes which were all great !”
“The food was wonderful and the hospitality of the owner made it worth a future visit.”
“Restaurant is cramped; was there on a Saturday night and it was wall to wall; you will not receive "white glove service " if that is what you are looking for; however...”
“Restaurant is cramped; was there on a Saturday night and it was wall to wall; you will not receive "white glove service " if that is what you are looking for; however the food was excellent; I had the lamb shank and was very impressed; steak was also good; worth the trip from N.J.”
218 3rd Avenue
(between 18th St & 19th St)
New York, New York 10003