From Our Editors
Baltimore has always been a seafood town—and it should be, considering it's the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic. To celebrate the city's succulent Maryland blue crabs, local oysters, and other foodie treats, the 4th Annual Baltimore Seafood Festival treats denizens to a day of dishing and cavorting through the lovely Canton Waterfront Park. Here's what to expect:
- (Sea)Food: Dig into seafood dishes from Captain James Seafood, Jimmy's Famous Seafood, Heavy Seas Alehouse, They Gypsy Queen Food Truck, The Local Oyster and other local eateries.
- Music: Live music by The Kelly Bell Band, Stryker’s Posse, Sons of Pirates, and The Players Band.
- Learning Experiences: Top Baltimore chefs show you how to make seafood right—and avoid getting pinched by crabs ever again—in fun and educational cooking demos.
- Something for the Kids A family area with toys, games, and face painting keeps wee ones happy in the moments when they're not finding Nemo delicious.
- A Good Cause: A portion of the proceeds will benefit local non-profits, while portions of seafood benefit your hunger