From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Café Leila
Café Leila aims for the balancing point between bold, hearty flavors and healthy recipes. The result is a menu of California–style bistro dishes, including wraps, salads, and omelets, that are naturally low in fat and cholesterol. Read on to learn how Café Leila maintains this delicate balance:
- Healthy cooking begins with healthy shopping. Chefs seek out organic ingredients, including lamb and beef, as well as farm-fresh eggs and fruits.
- Starting from scratch is a habit. Chefs make everything from the chorizo to the salsa in-house.
- There’s also an extensive selection of organic, fair-trade coffees and teas.
- Guests can pair their meals with entertainment. The café regularly hosts live music, allowing jazz bands to serenade diners throughout select evenings.
- Greenery extends beyond the plates. On the cafe’s outdoor patio, diners can enjoy their meals while shaded by sun umbrellas and the dense foliage of potted plants.