From Our Editors
Held over New Year's weekend, Ichibancon gives anime and video game fans the chance to ring in 2017 doing what they do best: sharing their love of their hobbies with fellow enthusiasts. The convention converts the Embassy Suites Hotel Concord into a headquarters for pop culture appreciation, with guest panels, colorful cosplayers, and a bustling vendor hall supplying plenty of chances to geek out. Read on to learn more:
- Special guests at Ichibancon include veteran voice actor Richard Epcar, Tim & Eric collaborator Davide Liebe Hart, and video game music masters the Triforce Quartet.
- Cosplay: Been working on a killer Vegeta costume that the world needs to see? Show it off at the con's cosplay events, which include a contest with awards for both craftsmanship and performance.
- Otaku Flea Market and Art Fair: Like any good anime con, Ichibancon boasts a robust vendor room and artists' alley. However, in addition to professional sellers, the con also features spaces for attendees themselves to hawk their extra memorabilia or show off their artistic sides.
- Glow Stick Dance: Held Friday and Saturday nights, these colorful dances combine the pulsing beats of J-Pop hits with the colorful flashes of glow-stick-wielding attendees.
- Okie Dokie Karaoke: Also held in the evenings on Friday and Saturday, this lively karaoke sessions gives attendees the chance to belt out their favorite anime tunes.