All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- General admission
Dates and times:
- January 10, 2019, 1:30 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- January 11, 2019, 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- January 12, 2019, 10 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- January 13, 2019, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Held in the beginning of January, Ichibancon gives anime and video game fans the chance to ring in the new year doing what they do best: sharing their love of their hobbies with fellow enthusiasts. The convention converts the Embassy Suites Hotel Concord into a headquarters for pop culture appreciation, with guest panels, colorful cosplayers, and a bustling vendor hall supplying plenty of chances to geek out. Read on to learn more:
- Special guests at Ichibancon include voice actors Alejandro Saab, Vic Mignogna, Steve Prince, and Xanthe Huynh, as well as the Japanese three-piece rock band Kazha.
- Cosplay: Been working on a killer Vegeta costume that the world needs to see? Show it off at the con's cosplay events, which include a contest with awards for both craftsmanship and performance.
- Otaku Flea Market and Art Fair: Like any good anime con, Ichibancon boasts a robust vendor room and artists' alley. However, in addition to professional sellers, the con also features spaces for attendees themselves to hawk their extra memorabilia or show off their artistic sides.
- Glow Stick Dance: Held Friday and Saturday nights, these colorful dances combine the pulsing beats of J-Pop hits with the colorful flashes of glow-stick-wielding attendees.