Request a Deal
Love this business? The more people who sign up, the more likely we are to get a deal.
People make it happen. Spread the word to request a deal!
6 signed up for this.
About this business
- HoursSun-Mon ClosedTue-Sat 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
From Our Editors
Despite its name, The Childrens Museum of New Hampshire isn't just for children. The mission statement of this non-profit organization centers on "family learning"?that is, creating exhibits that engage both kids and adults in problem-solving activities inspired by the real world.
- Size: two floors with 16 permanent exhibits that introduce kids (and adults) to art, science, and culture through hands-on learning
- Crown Jewel: Cochecosystem: Lives Built on the River reproduces an entire river system and shows how textile manufacturing once worked, right down to a four-harness weaving loom
- Eye Catchers: Glow-in-the-dark cave paintings illuminate the walls in Cave Explorers, and visitors can create their own designs with paint or light-up tubing
- Hidden Gem: Dino Detective invites guests into a rocky dig site to dig up a replica Triceratops skeleton and learn about how it ate greens without saying "yuck!"
- Other Hands-On Activities: Build flying machines, create music just by moving your hands, and mail letters at the replica post office
- Special Programs: workshops and classes involve the entire family in building everything from robots to gingerbread houses