About this Business
- HoursSunClosedMon-Thu9:00 AM - 10:00 PMFriClosedSat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
From Our Editors
In Focus: Boston Bartending School
- Course length for the Bartending Certificate Program: 32 hours
- Schedule: There are daytime, nighttime, and weekend classes, and students can divvy up the days and times to fit their schedule.
- Skills learned: freestyle hand pouring, blended frozen drinks, wine service, and how to unfold those little cocktail umbrellas without tearing the paper
- Additional training: TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures), a national alcohol-awareness program that may be required by local or state law
- Time spent behind the bar: Students spend 75%–80% of their time in a real-world bar setting.
- What graduates receive: a state certificate, a bartender's ID, a personalized résumé, and a drinks manual
- Job placement: Boston Bartending School partners with more than 110 affiliates to help students find work across the United States and Canada.
- Age requirements: By state law, students must be 18 or older.