About this Business
- HoursSun5:00 PM - 8:30 PMMon-Thu11:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PMFri11:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMSat5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
From Our Editors
Downtown Fort Collins is typically a blur of activity. In that whirlwind of concerts, festivals, and special events, however, at least one thing has remained constant: Jay's Bistro. For decades, it has dished out gourmet seasonal cuisine—first helmed by original owners, Jay and Jacki Witlen, and today under the steady direction of Norm and Wednesday Vogel. At least four nights per week, live music from the piano lounge supplements the bistro's inviting atmosphere. As it does, visitors browse the extensive wine list and feast on chef Rhys Edmunds' creations, such as:
- Mandarin chop chop salad (Lunch): Light but filling, this salad features grilled chicken, mixed greens, peanuts, and mandarin wedges all linked by a sesame ginger dressing.
- Pan-roasted Colorado striped bass (Dinner): The name says it all, and it's served with a clam-chowder sauce and crispy potatoes.
- Lobster pot pie (Lunch, Mon-Fri): A hearty treat packed with Maine lobster, carrots, peas, onions, celery, and lobster cream
- Wild boar tacos (Tapas): These reside on the bistro's capacious tapas menu, served with lingonberry preserves and a cranberry slaw.