About this Business
From Our Editors
Sex may be humanity's oldest pastime, and the late Naomi Wilzig knew it better than anyone. Her erotic art collection housed pieces dating back to 300 BCE. In fact, it was so comprehensive that it's become a Miami landmark: the World Erotic Art Museum. (It also earned Wilzig the regal nickname "Queen of Erotic Art" in the press.)
- Size: 4,000 pieces of fine art.
- Eye Catcher: a floor-to-ceiling statue of a golden phallus. In this interview with Wilzig, an artful camera pan at 0:45 reveals that she's sitting on it.
- Permanent Exhibit: a famous wooden bed. Its creator, a German roofer, carved erotic scenes into its headboard, rather than the traditional scenes of people donning flannel pajamas.
- Hidden Gem: erotic etchings from none other than Rembrandt.
- Don't Miss: the murder weapon from Stanley Kubrick's Clockwork Orange. Dubbed "The Rocking Machine," the pure-white, phallic sculpture rocks back and forth when touched.