From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Firefly’s BBQ Restaurant
Steve Uliss took about nine years to perfect his barbecue recipe, but the labor clearly paid off. Firefly’s BBQ Restaurant has been around for more than a decade, serving up his exquisitely flavorful creations and winning dozens of awards in the process. Find out more about this dependable eatery below:
- Its meats are smoked for up to 12 hours over apple, cherry, and hickory woods. This slow-cooking process flavors many of the staple dishes, including the dry-rubbed black-angus beef ribs and turkey tip kabobs.
- You can tour some of America’s greatest barbecue regions without even leaving your seat. That’s because the ribs come slathered in one of five sauces that hail from the likes of Tennessee, North Carolina, or Texas.**
- Owner Steve Uliss won the Massachusetts State BBQ Championships. He then went on to represent the state at the Jack Daniels World Invitational Barbecue Competition.
- Firefly’s was ranked among Boston’s top-10 barbecue joints by The Boston Globe.
- You can get a side of entertainment with your ribs. An on-site venue, Dante’s, hosts live music every weekend and on select nights throughout the week.