About this Business
- HoursSunClosedMon10:30 AM - 2:00 PMTue10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PMWed10:00 AM - 2:00 PMThu10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PMFri10:00 AM - 2:00 PMSat10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
From Our Editors
Though the CryoMed sauna at Gainesville Cryotherapy looks like something out of a sci-fi movie, the benefits it can deliver are all but fiction. Commonly used by athletes to speed up recovery, the single-person chamber blasts skin with subzero temperatures to trigger an endocrine release of endorphins. This process helps kick-start the body's healing mechanisms while bolstering its health and wellness.
Know Before You Go
- You're going to get cold, really cold. The air within the full-body chamber reaches temperatures as low as -240°F.
- The more skin contact, the more effective it will be. While inside the chamber, clients typically disrobe to their undergarments so the freezing air touches more skin.
- The sessions are short—only 1–3 minutes.
- Athletic: Cryotherapy can help decrease muscle soreness and speed up recovery time for athletes, especially right after sports activities.
- Health: Since cryotherapy promotes a release of endorphins, it can elevate moods, increase metabolism, and ameliorate the effects of conditions such as chronic fatigue and osteoarthritis.
- Aesthetic: Cryotherapy boosts nutrient-enriched blood flow, which can help tighten skin, minimize acne breakouts, and fortify hair and nails.
Help Us Improve This Page
See something wrong?