What You'll Get
PADI Open Water Certification: If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI® Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
• PADI course materials & eLearning online access, use of scuba equipment for the pool & open water sessions, professional instruction
• Small group lessons
• Course duration: two weekends (one week-end in the pool + one week-end of open water dives)
• Valid toward PADI Open Water certification: Yes
• Required purchase: mask, fins, snorkel (boots optional) must be purchased at Scuba Shack
• Age restrictions: must be 10 or older; swim 200 yards; tread water or float for 10 minutes
The PADI Open Course graduates each diver through a three-step program:
• Step#1: Academic Sessions: The knowledge Development Portion of the course is designed so you can learn at your own pace and when it’s convenient for you. This is completed via eLearning online and followed up with a short session with your PADI Instructor.
• Step #2: Pool Sessions: Develop and practice scuba skills in the pool under direct instructor supervision. As you learn new skills, you’ll build the abilities and confidence needed for diving in open water. Pool sessions are completed in one weekend at a local pool.
• Step #3: Open Water Sessions: Get ready to experience everything you’ve learned with the freedom of open water. As soon as your open water training dives are approved by your instructor you will be a PADI certified Open Water diver! The open water sessions are completed in one weekend at Pennyroyal Quarry just north of Nashville.
PADI Enriched Air Certification: The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is PADI’s most popular specialty scuba course. Why? Because scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no decompression time, especially on repetitive scuba dives. If staying down longer and getting back in the water sooner sounds appealing, then don’t hesitate to become an enriched air diver.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Must be 10 or older with satisfactory medical form. Includes: PADI course materials, use of scuba equipment, and instruction. Not included: student's personal gear including mask, fins, snorkel, and boots. Items not included must be purchased at Scuba Shack. Price match guarantee available. Registration required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Scuba Shack
Scuba Shack - Where Nashville Learns to Dive! Scuba Shack is a PADI 5-Star facility with over 75 years of combined scuba instruction experience (PADI Open Water, PADI Enriched Air, PADI Advanced Open Water, PADI Rescue, PADI Divemaster, & PADI Specialties including Photography, Wreck Diving, Night Diving, Deep Diving, and more. Limited to small class sizes, students learn about proper equipment what's necessary to be a safe and confident diver—including the memorable moment of breathing underwater for the first time. A certification may be earned in as little as two weekends. Dive trips and travel are also offered to destinations such as: the Bahamas, Cozumel, the Cayman Islands, Belize, and beyond.