From Our Editors
Le Fou Frog
French Bistro Cuisine | Seasonal Ingredients | Exotic Meats
- From the garden: goat-cheese salad with fig compote and citrus vinaigrette
- From the land: ostrich tenderloin with a lingonberry-coffee sauce
- From the sea: Prince Edward Island mussels steamed in a nonfat broth blended with spicy tomato and dry vermouth
Inside Tip: Check the restaurant's Facebook page to learn about special events. These include nights when local DJs spin as well as an annual Bastille Day celebration, which complements dinners with a variety show that incorporates everything from Les Misérables parodies to silent periods for existential contemplation.
- Boudin blanc: a bloodless white sausage made from pork (not to be confused with its blood sausage equivalent, the boudin noir).
- Confit: a dish made by salt-curing meat (frequently duck) and then cooking and storing it in its own rendered fat.
While You're in the Neighborhood
Before: Explore musical history at the American Jazz Museum (1616 E. 18th Street), where exhibits blend commissioned art and sculpture with listening stations and custom mixing boards.
After: Sip one of 80 draft beers while taking in an independent or classic flick at the Screenland Armour (408 Armour Road).