Property at a Glance: Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
Sitting under 10 miles away from Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando makes expeditions to the magic-filled home of Disney’s Mickey Mouse. It even offers a free shuttle to the park, meaning guests here will have the added edge of avoiding any expensive parking headaches. But there’s plenty to keep guests entertained within the 380-room hotel between park hopping adventures, too.
- Get your swim on in the outdoor pool, where you can also just lay out and catch some sun.
- Dig into Vietnamese cuisine at the onsite restaurant, WHAT’S PHO, which provides healthy and delicious Vietnamese dishes. Or choose the Little New Orleans Kitchen & Oyster Bar to try Cajun cuisine.
- Start the day right: Breakfast is included in the hotel fees and served at the on-site restaurant.
- Post your pictures from your day at the theme park using the complimentary WiFi.
- Stay in good shape on your vacation by making visits to the on-site fitness center, which boasts multiple cardio machines.
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding Space Mountain® Attraction, a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride past the ghastly goofballs inside The Haunted Mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries at the World Showcase. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find several cultural institutions surrounding Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art; the collection features pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center, where you can take a rover across a simulation of Mars or race model cars down a 70-foot pinewood-derby track.