This company changed their name on groupon because of many compaints. For accurate reviews, yelp "The Aussie Movers." See my full review below:
For the past 4 weeks, I have been reaching out to rectify an issue with The Aussie Movers, and have not received a response to my multiple phone calls and emails. This proves a lack of integrity and business ethics.
- Hiring a moving company was my gift for to my family (consisting of my mother, sister, and 2 small children).
- I had two goals that I articulated via email correspondence prior to AND during the walk through on the relocation day.
#1 Remain within my budget (5 hrs worth)
#2 Prioritize transport of the furniture and heavy boxes
- Explanation of priority #2: The Aussie Movers' was one component of a "divide and conquer" effort. I hired The Aussie Movers to move the furniture and heavy boxes while my family would move boxes in our SUVs.
- The foreman assured me that they would be able to move the furniture AND all of the boxes. So he opted for the traditional loading system of boxes first, furniture last which was explained as an industry standard. As the professionals, I trusted their judgement as long as it did not compromise the furniture transport goal- and stated that outright.
- 3 hours in, it was clear that loading that the boxes took up valuable space in the truck and not all of the furniture would make the cut. The movers tried to course correct yielding 5 HOURS of loading and re-organizing.
- In the reorganization, the movers removed some furniture from the truck - items too large to fit into our cars. This meant my family spend $350 to rent a u-haul truck and convince family friends to help the following day.
- As you remember, my budget only allowed for 5 hours. However, the loading an reorganizing took 5 hours alone. I had to stretch my budget by 1 hour to ensure my family had ONE assembled bed to sleep in that night and asked the mover to stop the clock that point.
Imagine my disappointment! After the stress of moving, I wanted my family to sleep peacefully in their new home and, because of my choice in moving company, that was not the case. That very night, I emailed The Aussie Movers with more details than is written here and requested a correspondence about my experience and discussion of fair next steps.
I have called over 10 times and left messages in hopes of settling this matter amicably. It is clear that they are ignoring my request leaving me no choice but to publicize my experience.