From Our Editors
For one weekend in September, the nexus of the comic book universe resides in Manchester. That's when the Granite State Comic Con takes over the Radisson Center of New Hampshire, filling the hotel's exhibit halls with cosplayers, artists, and comic aficionados of every stripe. Read on to learn more about this super-powered convention:
- Comic guests: The con will welcome talent from publishing giants Marvel and DC, including artists and writers involved in Daredevil, Batgirl, G.I. Joe, and more.
- Entertainment guests: Familiar from their stints on pop culture darlings such as Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and DRagon Ball Z Kai, the con's pop culture attendees include Johnny Yong Bosch, Steve Cardenas, and Dameon Clarke.
- Cosplayers: In addition to hordes of homebrewed costumes, the con will also host pro-grade cosplay from community fixtures such as Luckygrim and Ruby Rinesko.
- Exhibitors: Check out the exhibit hall for a bustling bazaar featuring comics, action figures, plush toys, and plenty of other nerd-approved paraphernalia. There's also an artist alley where independent publishers can hawk their wares.
- Activities: The weekend's schedule includes a full slate of fun, ranging from The Nerd Magician Show and a lively lip sync battle to an after-hours dance party and weekend-long gaming in the dedicated arcade room.