From Our Editors
Coffee is key to tackling a case of the Mondays (and sometimes Tuesdays through Fridays). But not just any coffee will do—and that's where CUPS come in. The mobile app helps users find the best independent coffee shops within walking distance, then save money at those cafés. Read on to learn how CUPS stacks up by the numbers.
- 2014—the year CUPS launched in New York City; it has since expanded to cities such as San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh
- 230+ coffee shops; pay with your phone and save money around New York City. Discover new local places or frequent your favorites including Greecologies, Ground Central Coffee Company, and Konditori
- 350+ cafés from the West Coast to the East Coast partner with CUPS, from Sacramento's Pachamama Coffee Cooperative to Connecticut's Neat Coffee
- 15% flat discount CUPS offers at participating cafés; this counts toward hot and iced coffee and tea
- $2—cost per coffee beverage when CUPS clients purchase prepaid coffee plans in bulk