All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $16 for one video to DVD transfer ($30 value)
- $38 for three video to DVD transfers ($90 value)
- $57 for five video to DVD transfers ($150 value)
Video transfer is valid for VHS, VHSC, mini DV, and HI-8 formats.
Digital Video Transfer: Preserving Memories for Good
Relics of the bygone era of the original camcorder, VHS videos may not be the ideal vessel for cherished family memories. Find out how to keep old footage fresh with Groupon’s rundown of digital video transfer.
Any footage preserved on a VHS tape should be considered an endangered memory. Comprised of magnetic tape that can degrade over time—and imperiled by any malfunctioning VCR—the once-popular videos were not built to last. Converting analog tapes into digital files ensures that your home movies can be enjoyed for years without losing quality or taking up shelf space otherwise reserved for Oscar statuettes. To accomplish this, most VHS-to-DVD transfer services use an analog-to-digital adapter, which translates the tape’s video signal into pixels to store on a computer’s hard drive. From there, the files can be edited and preserved for posterity either by burning them to DVDs or uploading the videos to Internet sites such as YouTube.
- VHS, which stands for video home service, was almost obsolete before it even took off. Many considered an early competitor, Betamax, a superior form of videocassette.
- A single DVD can typically fit about two hours of video—just enough time to see a child grow from a newborn into a full-fledged justborn.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 90 days. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Video conversion covers VHS, VHSC, Mini DV, and High 8. The price allows for up to 2 videos transferred to 1 DVD to reach the 2 hour maximum per DVD. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.