All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed April 25, 2018
· Reviewed February 14, 2018
· Reviewed February 9, 2018
What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- $28 for two weeks of unlimited kettlebell boot camp classes with one personal training session and one nutrition session ($259 value)
- $37 for three weeks of unlimited kettlebell boot camp classes with one personal training session and one nutrition session ($309 value)
- $46 for four weeks of unlimited kettlebell boot camp classes with one personal training session and one nutrition session ($359 value)
- $56 for four weeks of unlimited kettlebell boot camp classes with two personal training sessions and two nutrition sessions ($489 value)
Kettlebells: Holistic Heaving
Although the upswing in kettlebell workouts may seem recent, they’ve been around for ages. Find out where they come from and what they do with Groupon’s look.
Philosophers could spend an age arguing whether the kettlebell has remained a fitness staple because of its simple design (it’s nothing more than a spherical cast-iron weight with a handle) or in spite of it. Either way, its longevity speaks to its efficacy. Unlike traditional weights, kettlebells often demand a buildup of momentum to perform dynamic actions such as the kettlebell swing, a maneuver that requires participants to bring the weight in a fast arc from behind the inner thighs to arm’s length in front of the chest. These types of movements work multiple muscles at once, forcing them to combat the centrifugal forces generated by the kettlebell’s path and achieve stabilization. Because the center of gravity resides outside the hand, they also allow for more fluid mobility than dumbbells or barbells. The result is an intense workout with a full-body focus.
Russian strongmen began hefting kettlebells in the 18th century before the Soviet military incorporated them into their training drills. Since then, kettlebells have made their way into the civilian realm, remaining an active force in fitness regimens around the world—they even helped actor Gerard Butler tone up for his starring role in the film 300. A 2010 study conducted by the American Council on Exercise found that a 20-minute kettlebell workout might burn the same number of calories, on average, as 20 minutes of running at a six-minute-mile pace or rapidly cross-country skiing uphill.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Under 18 must have parent/guardian consent. Registration required. Must sign waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 180 days. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.