From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About La Stazione Coffee & Wine Bar
Near the Caltrain tracks, two native Italians have recreated a little piece of Sicily: La Stazione Coffee & Wine Bar. Here are a few important points to keep in mind if you plan to visit.
- The espresso smacks of authenticity. Baristas prepare it with exacting standards, machinery imported from Italy, and an artist’s flair.
- The wines and beers pay homage to Sardinia and Sicily. Alongside these Italian varietals, you can also find local choices from Anchor Brewing Company.
- Paninis are the main food offering. One of the most popular is the vegetarian Miele—provolone over apple slices drizzled with honey. The bar also serves up Shazam biscotti and pastries from Black Jet Baking.
- Space is limited. Only a few tables fill the interior. A few more dot the sidewalk.
- You can save money on drinks by arriving during happy hour. It takes place daily from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.