From Our Editors
- Bread: garlic naan
- Appetizer: skewers of ground-beef seekh kabab
- Entree: chicken tikka masala
- Drink: mango lassi
The Vibe: The restaurant has a no-frills atmosphere. But people don’t come here for the decor, they come here for the food.
Inside Tip: There’s a particular order to ordering at Shalimar. Take a menu, claim a table, and only then proceed to the counter—your food will appear either there or at your table. While you’re at the counter grab some hot chai from the dispenser. Pay afterward.
Awards and Accolades
- Two-time winner of SF Weekly’s award for Best Indian
- Two two-star (“very good”) reviews on SFGate, which praised the food for being “fresh, cooked to order, and alive with aromatic spices.”
- “Our curries are as evocative as spring and as mild as May.”
- About the mili juli sabzi: “Stir-fried and left to simmer in their natural juice that brings out a rainbow of scrumptious flavors.”