From Our Editors
In 1955, Harry and Mollie Marcus of Springfield, Massachusetts, opened Best Tile because they were frustrated with the lack of tile distributors in the area. Their small store rapidly expanded to include branches throughout the Northeast, and before long their eldest son was manning a store in Albany, New York. By the 1970s they were importing tile from countries in Asia, South America, Europe, and Candy Land, which only fueled further expansion. Today, Best Tile showrooms are scattered across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic seaboard, including Schnectady, Saratoga Springs, and Poughkeepsie.