From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Elliott’s Oyster House
Elliott’s Oyster House has been shucking oysters to order for more than 30 years. Here are some more fun facts about this perennial favorite for seafood.
- The restaurant shucks more than 7,000 oysters every week. This means the staff has mastered a technique that leaves the meat intact without shards of shell getting in the way.
- Your first one is free. Guests who’ve never eaten an oyster before get their first taste on the house.
- They offer around 30 varieties of oysters daily. Each oyster is named for its point of origin and comes complete with a tiny birth certificate.
- But don’t skip the other options. Regulars praise the local dungeness crab and wild-caught fish, all sourced from sustainable farms and fisheries.
- Diners can enjoy stunning views of Elliott Bay. Zagat and Gayot both ranked the restaurant as one of Seattle’s best spots for waterfront dining.