From Our Editors
Keywords: Classic Italian Cuisine | Pacific Northwest and Italian Wines | Romantic Ambiance | Pike Place Market Location
- Antipasti: Penn Cove mussels in a saffron white-wine broth
- Pasta: pear and gorgonzola ravioli with brown-butter sauce, spinach, grape tomatoes, and asiago
- Dessert: panna cotta with roasted pumpkin-crème caramel
Where You’ll Find It: Il Bistro is housed on the lower levels of Seattle’s iconic Pike Place Market.
Awards and Accolades
- Named one of Seattle’s Top 10 Upscale Italian Restaurants by Seattle Weekly
- Named Most Romantic Restaurant by Seattle Magazine, Seattle Weekly, and Where Magazine
- Zagat called it a “wonderfully sexy hideaway”
Bolognese: an Italian meat sauce, typically made from onion, celery, carrots, wine, tomatoes, and meat, such as beef or pork.
Panna cotta: a silky, custard-like Italian dessert, made with cream, milk, sugar, and gelatin and often served with caramel, chocolate sauce, or fruit coulis.
While You’re in the Neighborhood
Before: Inhale the aromas of imported spices, herbs, and teas at World Spice Merchants (1509 Western Avenue).
After: Sample unique craft cocktails at Zig Zag Café (1501 Western Avenue).