Now This Is Something Special
About this Business
From Our Editors
T.S. McHugh’s Restaurant: A User’s Guide
- Beef & Guinness pot pie with mushrooms and onions in a stout gravy—baked to order
- Ale-battered fish & chips with fresh lingcod
- Dubliner burger with Ballymaloe sauce—inspired by the Irish culinary school where the chef learned to cook
What to Drink
- Irish Death Black Ale or one of 20 other draft beers
- Tullamore Dew or Michael Collins Irish Whiskey
- 21-year Balvenie Portwood scotch
Where to Sit: Pull up a chair in the library, where a gas fireplace roars beneath a mantel-topping flat-screen TV.
When to Go: St. Patrick’s Day. Seattle’s annual St. Patrick’s Day Dash launches from T.S. McHugh’s, prompting CBS to name it on their list of the Best 2014 St. Patrick’s Day Bars in Seattle.
Inside Tip: Try the Irish coffee—John Powers Irish Whiskey, muddled pure cane sugar, and fresh Caffè Appassionato coffee, all topped with a floating dollop of lightly whipped cream.
While You’re in the Neighborhood
After: The Screen: Check out a favorite B-movie, an independent drama, or a gripping documentary at SIFF Cinema Uptown (511 Queen Anne Aveue North).
After: The Stage: See a new play or a contemporary revival on one of two stages at Seattle Repertory Theatre (155 Mercer Street).
If You Can’t Make It: Try your hand at baking the the bar’s tasty soda bread with the recipe provided on its website.