From Our Editors
The region's top margarita mixologists square off as the 2nd Annual Red River Margarita Pour Off returns for another round of friendly competition and salt-rimmed festivities. Here's what to expect from this celebration of tequila and lime creations:
- The Competitors: Margarita mavericks from the top restaurants, bars, and casinos from Shreveport--Bossier City to the Red River District of downtown Shreveport throw down in this pour off, each hoping to take the crown from last year's winner, Country Tavern.
- The Judges: The audience determines the winner after having sampled and voted for their favorite agave-fueled refreshment.
- The Music and Merriment: DJ Willie Boom Rushing soundtracks the sips with a mix of top 40 hits, and a salsa dancing competition awards $100 to the top dancers.
- The Good Cause: Proceeds benefit the Gingerbread House children's advocacy center.
- But What If Margs Aren't My Thing: Beer, water, and food from Fully Stacked and Splatzone are for sale for the tequila-averse or for those looking for a good chaser.