From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Mumm Napa
Mumm Napa knows that every moment is worth celebrating, and their elegant vineyard reflects that mentality. With its sun-dappled terrace inviting visitors to sip on cool sparkling wines under the shade of a nearly 200-year-old oak tree, an afternoon can go from ordinary to extraordinary. Tours and tastings provide an informative introduction, but read on to learn more about what makes Mumm Napa worth a visit:
- Though bubbly is where it’s at, Mumm doesn’t neglect other members of the wine family. In addition to their award-winning sparkling wines, they also include rosé, chardonnay, and pinot noir in their repertoire.
- Mumm Napa’s champagne has true French roots. The Mumm brothers founded the first Mumm vineyard in 1827 in the Champagne region of France. It didn’t move to California until 1983.
- They can’t accommodate weddings, but that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate. Though county ordinances prohibit weddings, they still have four different event spaces suited for parties of just 20 or nearly 200.
- The winery celebrates the arts almost as much as its wine. The onsite gallery has featured works by Graham Nash (of Crosby, Stills, and Nash) and legendary photographer Ansel Adams.
- Club members can share their love of wine all year long. Perks include discounts on bottles and merch