All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed December 22, 2014
Reviewed September 25, 2013
Reviewed September 21, 2013
What You'll Get
Today's side deal gets you half off admission to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum in downtown Springfield, Illinois. Choose from the following two options:
- For $6, you get two child tickets for ages 5–15 (a $12 value; admission for children under 5 is free)
- For $6, you get one adult ticket (a $12 value)
- Museum features wide collection of original artifacts from Lincoln's Springfield life and presidency
- View a beaver-fur stovepipe hat from Lincoln's wardrobe, the Gettysburg Address in Lincoln's handwriting, reproductions of Lincoln's cabin, and life-size wax replicas of the Lincoln family
- Currently exhibiting Team of Rivals, an exploration of the White House at wartime to commemorate the Civil War Sesquicentennial
- As a bonus, Groupon customers get a 10% discount at the museum store
- Open seven days a week (children under 5 are admitted for free)
- Convenient two-hour drive from downtown St. Louis
- The museum covers both the growth of Lincoln in Springfield and the Lincoln presidency and the civil war. Excellent for the casual and serious history buff. – rkatao, TripAdvisor
- There is much to read and see and so be prepared to spend a couple of hours if you want to get the most of this attraction. There is a larger then usual gift store located in the lobby which is filled with all sorts of goodies. – ruruChicago, TripAdvisor
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 21, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Valid only for admission option purchased. Valid for 10% off gift shop items. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum
Less than 90 minutes from St. Louis, the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum houses the world’s largest collection of original Lincoln artifacts, complete with the Gettysburg Address. A life-size replica of Lincoln’s log cabin set back in a forest of artificial trees stands 40 feet tall just like the President’s iconic top hat. The museum also houses a re-creation of the Presidential Box at Ford’s Theatre, where the president was assassinated, and the state-of-the-art Union Theater, which projects films such as Lincoln’s Eyes, a broad overview of Lincoln’s personal and political life with a special focus on slavery. In the Ghosts of the Library exhibit, transparent phantoms of Lincoln and his contemporaries drift around powered by Holavision technology. Youngsters, supervised by parents, can try on period dress, pose for photos with life-size cutouts of young Abe, or reenact historic scenes in the Lincoln Home dollhouse located in Mrs. Lincoln’s attic, the hands-on learning center. Before heading home, patrons can browse the museum store—more than 3,500 square feet of artifact replicas and Lincoln-themed merchandise.