Today’s Groupon gets you $30 worth of southwestern food and drink at The Adobe Cafe, a neighborhood hideaway that serves meatful and vegetarian southwestern-infused Mexican fare. This Groupon is good at both the Roxborough and South Philly locations.
Adobe Cafe’s lunch and dinner menu options are as ample as a canyon crammed with majestic food-mountains. Southwestern sensibilities enrich lunch dishes such as the chicken wrap (sundried tomato, pesto grilled chicken, veggies, and cheese, $6), steak fajitas ($12), and the tantalizing barbecue duck burrito ($12). During dinner, Adobe serves untraditional dishes such as pan-seared pork medallions ($15.50) and salmon and pineapple kabobs ($17) alongside classics such as chicken tacos ($13). Vegan and vegetarians options include the seitan tips sandwich ($9), veggie quesadillas ($7), and the mushroom enchilada ($11). This Groupon is good for Adobe's weekly chef specials, but not in conjunction with other discounts.
Margaritas, wine, frozen drinks, and sangria shake and stir the drink menu. Large groups or small groups of large drinkers can order sangria or margaritas by the pitcher ($18). Frozen drinks such as the Maui Mango (amaretto, mango, and ice cream) go for $6, and signature drinks such as the Cuban Mojito cost $7.50–$8.50.
Note: Today's deal is not valid during happy hour or with Fiesta Night specials.
- I love this place! They have a full page vegetarian menu that includes seitan and tofu options as well as vegan cheese and sour cream alternatives. – lez, Urbanspoon
- We all agreed that the place was a good find. The food was very good - the desserts were amazing. – vivianh555, Citysearch
- Very good food, good drinks, ok prices, nice outdoor patio. Highly recommend it. – KimmT, Citysearch
What Are You in the Mood For?
Picking what type of food you are in the mood for is one of the hardest decisions we make every day. Here’s a quick guide:
- If you crave rich Italian tomato sauces, Italian bread, and Italian pasta sauce, you’re in the mood to eat lunch.
- If you crave customizable fun for all ages, you’re in the mood to eat legos.
- If you crave pungent artificial blueberries, you’re in the mood for smelly markers.
- If you crave dense brown breads and beer, you are an extra on the British TV show ‘Allo ‘Allo!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Adobe Cafe
The Adobe Cafe's chefs find a way to accommodate nearly every diner without sacrificing the piquant flavors and aromas attributed to southwestern cuisine. They skillet-sear filet mignon and marinate chicken breasts and duck before tossing the seasoned meat with black beans, sautéed green peppers, and white onions for fajitas. But they also alter their traditional Mexican-inspired fare by substituting ground beef, chorizo, flank steak, and carnitas with seitan and tofu for vegetarians or meat eaters' pet goats. The chefs' use of ranchero sauce, roasted peppers, jerk seasoning, and even barbecue has earned the eatery a number of awards; The Adobe Cafe was recently named Best Southwestern Restaurant in Philadelphia by LocalEats.
Bella Vista/ Southwark
1919 E Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19148Get Directions