Nobody needs 57 baristas preparing their morning coffee. Choose quality over industrial-scale efficiency with today’s Groupon: $5 gets you $12 worth of coffee, breakfast, and lunch at Ah Barista, the downtown coffee and sandwich joint located right across from the RCA Dome. The brainchild of Ryan Stonebraker, Ah Barista is a departure from the usual coffee and sandwich chain gangs, offering a locally owned alternative that serves up quality food and coffee to the neighborhood.
Nestled on Capitol Avenue, Stonebraker’s coffee shop blossomed up and out from a lone coffee bean that had been sitting in Pan-Am Plaza, until one day it was breathed on by a pixie and also watered with the single tear of a baby triceratops. It’s been vending the fruits of the magical coffee tree it sprang from ever since. Ah Barista’s coffees embolden customers through the mojo of White Caramel Confusion ($4.25 for a large) and the graceful Café Au Lait ($2.45 for a large). Once the sweet pulse of caffeine has reminded you of your humanity, and your humanity has reminded you to eat, the inexpensive but satisfying breakfast and lunch menus offer flavorful sustenance. Served until 10 a.m., the bacon, egg, and cheese croissant ($3.95) and white chocolate raspberry scones ($1.55) form a hearty foundation to any new day. Late risers can dig into a café sandwich of their own design or go for tested and approved combinations, such as the Chicken Teriyaki Twister (grilled chicken with provolone, red onion, and house-made teriyaki sauce on a pretzel bun, $6.95).
No thirst and no hunger will go unabated under Ah Barista’s gentle yet comprehensive watch. Use the free wi-fi to download some cool stickers so you can carefully label, then enjoy your delicious meal.
- All sandwiches are made fresh and are very tasty, none of those pre-made cardboard ones! They are delicious and the management is very nice and the atmosphere is great. – myoda, CityVoter
- Outstanding service and wonderful food. Best kept secret in Indy! – John113, CityVoter
- They have the best customer service and every morning I go to see them to start my day off right. – Staci Flanery, CityVoter
Ah Barista is a cool, laid back spot for coffee and sandwiching, a nice change of pace from the neighboring Aah!! Barista! Haunted Coffee chain. Founded on 6/6/06 by "Spooky" Saul Bennett, AAH!! Barista! has driven away any potential regulars with their bizarre customer service and terrifying "perks:"
- Regular non-seasonal items still infused with pumpkin. Special Halloween items infused with bat blood.
- Register transactions conducted by papier-mâché ghost with tape recorder inside.
- Menu item "The Ultimate Wake-up" consists of double espresso and grainy 16mm film loop of a faceless man in leather gloves holding you as an infant.
- Restroom packed ceiling-high with maggots.
- Kinda pricy.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
201 S Capitol Ave #110
Indianapolis, Indiana 46225Get Directions