- $105.50 for two 60-minute Floatation Therapy Sessions ($160 value)
Anicca Float Club
Inside Anicca Float Club, you can escape the stress and noise of day-to-day life by relaxing in one of four float rooms. Providing a relaxing, isolating experience without the potential claustrophobia of a float tank, float rooms completely eliminate the outside world's onslaught of stimulation, allowing you to decompress, recharge, and heal aches and pains. Here are a few more things to know about visiting Anicca:
- What's in each room: 10 inches of water that's been super saturated with a 1,100 pounds of epsom salt (also known as magnesium sulfate). Heated to the temperature of your skin, the buoyant brine creates a sensation that lets you forget where your body ends and the water begins.
- Who can float: Though the floating experience is different for each person, just about anyone can participate—even pregnant women, who can often hear their baby's heartbeat or drum solos while floating.
- What happens while you float: You absorb the magnesium in the water, which relaxes your body and can help with sore muscles or inflammation. Plus, complete sensory deprivation adds a meditative element to each session.
- Potential benefits: Floating can lead to improved mental clarity, less stress, and, for some people, better sleep. It also has physical benefits, and people with chronic pain often rely on it for some relief.
- Tips: Avoid caffeine three hours before you float, but have a light meal or snack prior to your session. While floating, it's best to be nude, but don't worry—every room is private. Click here for some more FAQs.