What You'll Get
Unlike wheelbarrows, bars are great places to get together with friends. For $15, today's Groupon gets you $35 worth of haute-hip bar fare and drinks (not valid for alcohol) at Bella Bar & Restaurant's Uptown location. The eatery and drinkery is a place where scenesters go to see and see themselves being seen at the seeing scene. This deal can be combined with special events and promotions, like ladies' night and gum-caught-in-my-hair night.
Bella is a pleasant middle ground between tired Irish pubs like Cormac of O'Cloverleaves and hyper-high-class joints like Monocle Libation Dispensary and Jousting Range. Brought from New York by Misters and helpless bromantics Tony and Peach, Bella keeps the menu fashionably minimalist. Spring for a roasted-tomato tart to start, puff pastried with roasted tomatoes and warm goat cheese ($12), or get off the meataholic wagon just this one night for a pepper-crusted New York strip steak with Abruzzo potatoes ($28). Pastas like linguine in clam sauce or chicken Alfredo (both $18) corner one end of the menu, while desserts like gelato with espresso ($8) handle things on the other side. There's even a stripped-down late-night menu available Fridays and Saturdays from 11 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. to restore your will to rule the dance floor.
- Fabulous service coupled with exceptional food served late night is found at Bella. – Annie Potasznik, NBC Local News
- …Short's cooking blots out the entire scene. Heavy on salads and sandwiches, there are also standout starters...It's not a difficult menu; there's nothing to deconstruct here. Short's kitchen just executes with great skill. – Dave Faries, Dallas Observer
- It seems the most unlikely place to find straightforward, serious, from-the-heart cooking. But at Bella Restaurant and Bar...chef Christopher Short is using great ingredients to their best advantage, focusing on pure flavors; his cooking is creative and fun, yet refreshingly confident in its simplicity. – Leslie Brenner, Dallas Morning News
- The chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream is, well, orgasmic... – DailyCandy
- The scallop salad and the seafood trio were incredible. The desserts were really good too…The restaurant is beautiful. – alex32187, Urbanspoon
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 24, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. Limit 1 per table, 2 for tables of 5 or more. Not valid for alcohol. Tax and gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.